21 Interesting facts about cupcakes you never knew
Who doesn’t love cupcakes? We all love cupcakes. They are simple, delicious and obviously cute. Cupcakes have already become a big deal in the dessert industry. They are winning the hearts of many people with their charms.
Let’s check out some of the amazing facts about cupcakes.
- The first mention of a cupcake was in 1796.
- Cupcakes used to be baked in teacups and coffee mugs.
- Many early cupcakes were flavored with spices and dried fruits.
- Cupcakes were called "number cakes" or "1234 cakes" as they are made up of four ingredients: one cup of butter, two cups of sugar, three cups of flour, and four eggs.
- Chocolate is the most popular cupcake flavor.
- In England cupcakes are called "fairy cakes". They believe that a group of fairies can feast on a cupcake.
- Cupcakes are bigger than fairy cakes.
- Cupcakes are topped with more icing and fairy cakes are lighter.
- Cupcakes are called "patty cakes" by Australians.
- Any recipe that is suitable for a layer cake can be used to bake cupcakes.
- Cupcakes bake much faster than a normal layered cake.
- Cupcakes gained popularity through the cupcake shop ‘Magnolia Bakery’ when they made appearances on HBO.
- 15th of December is national cupcake day.
- 18th of October is national chocolate cupcake day.
- 10th of November is vanilla cupcake day.
- The largest cupcake weighs 1,176.6 kg (2,594 lb).
- The record for eating the most cupcakes in the shortest time is 29 cupcakes in 30 seconds.
- The World's Most Expensive Cupcake is a red velvet cupcake, priced at $55,000, included an eight carat engagement ring in the center.
- "Sprinkles Cupcakes" opened the world's first Cupcake ATM in Beverly Hills.
- Crumbs Bake Shop is the best cupcake seller in US.
- 13% of the brides have chosen cupcakes rather than cakes.